Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Music = Love

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s125/thinkbyonddabox/saltnpepa.jpg


So every now and then I discover a little known artist that does not get radio play (mainstram U.S radio that is) but is literally FIRE.I obsess about said artist by buying their album (as opposed to getting bootlegs for those that really don't need anymore of my money *coughKanyecough*) and posting them on my myspace page. My most current obsession has been SantoGold who is fucking AMAZING. She is so versitile and talented, you really can't label what type of music she is. i just discovered that she is MTV's artist of the week which is really great exposure for her, but also means that my obsession may wain b/c of her sudden rise to fame (which she SO deserves) so here I leave my favorite song of her's.




P.S She is NOT like M.I.A, if you listen to her whole album she goes places that M.I.A has not. No diss to M.I.A, bitch is FIERCE and is still one of the best. I am just tired of people claiming that Santo is trying to be like M.I.A.

1 comment:

Mighty Franso said...

idk how i feel about santogold!

i'll be seeing her @ rock the bells next month though!

i have 2 of her songs, say aha and i'm a lady.

i like em.

and the weed thing? we will DEF discuss that in person... =) oh boy.

love ya long distance lovah!

=)